PLAY BARTENDER OR MAID
October 30, 2018
Skip the bars one evening and play cocktail master at home. Whip up seasonal beverages like apple cider margaritas or old favorites like mojitos and battle it out to see who makes the best drink. Mojito is a traditional Cuban highball. Traditionally, a mojito is a cocktail that consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, sparkling water, and mint.
HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC MOJITO
There are many theories as to how the mojito, a traditional Cuban highball cocktail, got its name. Whether from the Spanish mojadito, meaning ‘a little wet’, or from the Cuban spice mojo, made from lime, it can’t be denied that this one’s a refreshing crowd-pleaser. Here’s how to make it.wet’, or from the Cuban spice mojo, made from lime, it can’t be denied that this one’s a refreshing crowd-pleaser. Here’s how to make it.
INGREDIENTS (FOR 1 DRINK):
8-10 leaves mint
1 tsp castor sugar
50ml light rum
Soda water – we used the Sodastream
1. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into your glass.
2. To this, add the fresh mint. Clap it with cupped hands to release the minty flavour. Add a heaped teaspoon of castor sugar.
3. Fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in 50ml of light rum.
4. Gently mix the ingredients with a spoon or muddler to release the flavour of the mint.
5. Get your soda water ready with your Sodastream. Insert a Sodastream bottle, filled with cold water, into your Sodastream. Pump the Sodastream until the desired carbonation is reached and release.
6. Top up your glass with soda water and garnish with a slice of lime.
YOU MAY BE WONDERING WHY YOU’RE SEEING SLENDER WONDER INFORMATION ON DATE NIGHT IDEAS? HERE’S WHY!
1. In combination with a healthy diet and exercise, the Slender Wonder medical weight loss programme has been proven to be an effective way to reach your happy weight, which holds many benefits for your self-esteem, which directly impacts on the success of any relationship.
2. A fresh approach to your diet can revitalise your relationship and lead to all sorts of shared active pursuits like cycling, swimming or trail running.
3. Rethinking your lifestyle is likely to inspire you to spend more time in the kitchen, where you and your partner can enjoy the process of finding and making all sorts of healthy dishes together.
4. Losing excess weight has been shown to improve an individual's sense of belonging, connection within a community and overall body image - all of which will play a positive role in any relationship.
5. A healthy body is a happy body
“No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you.
I swear it.”
––Defiance by C.J. Redwine
“I wanted to tell you that wherever I am, whatever happens, I’ll always think of you, and the time we spent
together, as my happiest time. I’d do it all over again, if I had the choice. No regrets.”
––Boundless by Cynthia Hand
“And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.”
––Across the Universe by Beth Revis
“It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a
responsibility toward that love.”
––Every Day by David Levithan
“I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.”
––The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
“I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.
I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable,
and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and
I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
––The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
“I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do,
right this second.”
––Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
“Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you.”
––Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
“I am catastrophically in love with you.”
––Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
“I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t
something about you at all. It was just you.”
––Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire