MAKE MEMORIES WITH OUR NEXT LEVEL CINEMA EXPERIENCES
November 21, 2018
A movie is the quintessential classic date night idea that has stood the test of time since the dawn of the big screen. Ideal for a first date when both parties are shy, but would love to spend some time together, it becomes a part of “what we do” as couples. Even after years, few things are as lovely as curling up in front of the screen and watching a story unfold while we enjoy movie snacks.
But the movie date-night experience
has evolved significantly since the days of drive-ins and snogging in the back row of a dark cinema. Today, we have mind-blowingly romantic ideas for movie night.
HERE ARE A FEW SAMPLES:
Romantic Indoor Cinema Picnic for Two
- The team will set up a makeshift movie screen against a blank wall at your home and hook you up with a movie. Your personalised picnic basket will be delivered and set up along with a soft picnic blanket, scatter cushions, rose petals and soft drinks on ice. Let’s not forget the fairy-lights, marshmallows, popcorn and candyfloss, because no picnic is complete without that! It’s the perfect banquet on a blanket!
Overnight Open Air Cinema & Supper Picnic for Two
– Head to the Grand Daddy Hotel’s Pink Flamingo Rooftop Cinema, which is set among seven vintage Airstream trailers on the hotel’s rooftop for a truly retro experience. You’ll receive a welcome drink, a bag of sweets and popcorn and a picnic basket (meat - beef or chicken, vegetarian, or halal) including samoosas, spring rolls, skinny fries and a dipping sauce.
VIP Moonlight Cinema & Picnic for Two
– Re-imagine the magic of an old-school date night with our one-of-a-kind Peckish Picnic & VIP Open Air Cinema experience for two at Kirstenbosch Gardens. Your peckish picnic will be delivered to you ahead of your exclusive experiences (complete with blankets, chocolates, and pillows), which is limited to eight couples per screening.
Overnight Dinner & Private Cinema for Two
– Escape from the elements and opt for a private cinema experience for two at the Twelve Apostles Hotel. After a delectable gourmet dinner in the Azure restaurant, enjoy a blockbuster movie in the private cinema before retiring to your luxurious Classic room. Be sure to enjoy the hotel’s legendary English breakfast before you head home in the morning.
6 REASONS WHY COUPLES SHOULD TAKE TIME OUT FOR ROMANTIC GETAWAYS
- Anticipation and excitement
- Reduce stress and improve mental health
- Strengthens the structure of a relationship
- Better relationships with spouse and children
- Increased work performance
- Renews intimacy
“No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you.
I swear it.”
––Defiance by C.J. Redwine
“I wanted to tell you that wherever I am, whatever happens, I’ll always think of you, and the time we spent
together, as my happiest time. I’d do it all over again, if I had the choice. No regrets.”
––Boundless by Cynthia Hand
“And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.”
––Across the Universe by Beth Revis
“It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a
responsibility toward that love.”
––Every Day by David Levithan
“I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.”
––The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
“I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.
I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable,
and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and
I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
––The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
“I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do,
right this second.”
––Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
“Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you.”
––Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
“I am catastrophically in love with you.”
––Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
“I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t
something about you at all. It was just you.”
––Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire