3 THINGS YOU HAVE TO DO BEFORE YOU HIT THE ROAD AS A COUPLE
November 08, 2018
The mid-year holidays are almost upon us! Are you planning to hit the road on a well-deserved getaway with your partner, spouse or entire family? Here are three things you have to do before you start the engine and venture down the road less travelled:
MAKE SURE YOUR VEHICLE IS GOOD TO GO
If you’re getting ready to enjoy a road-trip to a new destination, the first thing you need to do is get your vehicle checked out. If you’re close to a service, it’s probably best that you bite the bullet and get it done before you leave on holiday.
TOP TIP: Chances are that many other holidaymakers have the same idea, so book that service sooner rather than later. Even if your services are up to scratch, make a point of getting your car, bakkie or SUV checked out to ensure that the tyres, wipers and consumables (oil and water) are all good to go.
GIVE YOUR INSURANCE POLICIES A ONCE-OVER
When setting out on an adventure, the last thing you want to be thinking about is the likelihood of an accident along the way, we know. However, it is always better to be prepared. Before you leave, make sure that all your health and life insurance information are easily accessible and inform a third party of where they might access it in the event that both of you are unable to do so.
TOP TIP: Save certified digital copies of all your vital documentation on a shared cloud-based storage platform (e.g. Dropbox) and share it with the individual who has been nominated your executor of estate (especially if you have children).
With their reimagined product offering, MiWayLife
is ensuring that everyday South Africans have access to comprehensive life and funeral cover. As standard, policyholders are able to cover spouses, siblings, in-laws, nephews, nieces, cousins and other members of their extended family - all with only one reduced monthly premium. Having a life policy like this in place goes a long way to providing security for your family.
GET YOUR FUN ON!
Now that we’ve sufficiently bummed you out (sorry guys, but someone has to say the hard stuff too!), here are a few ways to get your fun on when you’re off on a road trip:
• Make a list of all of your favourite childhood car games and relive it en route.
• Make playlists with all your favourite tunes and take turns playing DJ.
• Make a date of it – use the time in the car to reconnect as a couple and have a nice, long chat about all sorts of things that fall by the wayside in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
These are three important things to remember before you hit the road as a couple. One more thing – be in the moment and live your memories. Instagram pictures and Facebook posts may get you a bunch of gratifying likes, but there is a lot to be said for going offline and immersing yourself in the fleeting moments you get to share with your loved ones, so remember to unplug once in a while.
Happy holidays, everyone!
You may be wondering why you're seeing MiWayLife information on Date Night Ideas? Here's why!
1. Pricey insurance premiums eating into your Date Night budget? MiWayLife offers exceptional premiums with excellent coverage. Pay less, date more...
2. Home is where the heart is. MiWayLife
offers comprehensive coverage solutions that allow you to focus on the living life to the fullest with your loved ones, knowing you're covered in case the unexpected happens.
3. You should be able to be bold & daring. MiWayLife insurance packages are tailormade for adventurous couples who like to carpe that diem, but would like to feel safe while doing so.
4. Fear shouldn't hold you back as a couple. When you have a safety net in place, it's easier to live life to the fullest. MiWayLife insurance packages provide the peace of mind you need to thrive as a unit.
5. Savvy couples take care of the grownup stuff first. We're all about romance and adventure, which is why we want you to choose an insurance provider like MiWayLife to keep the home fires burning while you're off exploring that great big world out there!
“No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you.
I swear it.”
––Defiance by C.J. Redwine
“I wanted to tell you that wherever I am, whatever happens, I’ll always think of you, and the time we spent
together, as my happiest time. I’d do it all over again, if I had the choice. No regrets.”
––Boundless by Cynthia Hand
“And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.”
––Across the Universe by Beth Revis
“It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a
responsibility toward that love.”
––Every Day by David Levithan
“I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.”
––The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
“I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.
I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable,
and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and
I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
––The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
“I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do,
right this second.”
––Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
“Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you.”
––Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
“I am catastrophically in love with you.”
––Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
“I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t
something about you at all. It was just you.”
––Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire