Feeling a bit cash-strapped after the festive season? Don't fret - we’ve rustled up five awesome Cape Town outings that will set you back less than R200 per person, which means you can enjoy a date night that won't break the bank.
HERE ARE OUR FIVE FAVOURITE CAPE TOWN OUTINGS UNDER R200 P/P
Take the hop-on/hop-off train trip along the Southern Line Rail Route between Cape Town and Simon's Town to skip the holiday traffic and enjoy brilliant ocean views as you ride along. Stop at Kalk Bay for some fish & chips at Kalky's and round off the day with a trip to Boulders Beach
to visit the penguin colony.
1. ENJOY A PICNIC ON A SECLUDED BEACH
Cape Town’s beaches can get quite crowded over the summer holidays, but if you know where to go there are a few secluded spots where you won’t have to battle for towel space or get a Frisbee in the face every time you head to the water. Here is a great list of the best-kept secret beaches
in Cape Town and surrounds. Going to the beach won’t cost you a cent, so you can really splurge on your picnic basket.
2. SOLVE MYSTERIES WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS
Once you’ve enjoyed your fill of the beaches and mountains, you might be keen to head indoors to do something a little different. Hint Hunt Cape Town
, located at the vibrant Old Biscuit Mill, offers a great Sherlock Holmes-like solve & escape mystery game for groups of between three to five people. You get 60 minutes to climb a mountain of puzzles and mysteries in a tiny room. The goal is simple yet challenging: get out in time! Grab lunch at Redemption Burgers
3. SOAK UP SOME CULTURE IN THE CBD
Cape Town’s city centre is a great place to soak up some culture and learn a bit more about the region’s history. Take a stroll through the Company’s Gardens
, where you can view the oldest cultivated pear tree in the country, go marvel at the scientific specimens at the Iziko South African Museum
and then take a stroll to enjoy a great coffee and sandwich at Truth
, the city’s famous steam-punk coffee shop in Buitenkant Street.
4. BE YOUR OWN HISTORICAL GUIDE AT THE V&A WATERFRONT
Aside from being one of the best people-watching spots in the entire city, the V&A Waterfront
also happens to be home to all sorts of historical attractions. Best of all – you can see it all for FREE by grabbing a map at the Information Centre and following it to see the 22 spots of historical interest throughout the Waterfront. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, you can then have your pick of restaurants and food vendors. We highly recommend the half price sushi, dim sum and cocktails from 12pm until 6pm Monday to Saturday at Sevruga
There you have it – five affordable outings that will allow you to enjoy the best the Mother City has to offer without breaking the bank. Remember to enjoy as much quality time with your partner as possible before the new year arrives with all its rigours and challenges!
5. ROMANTIC GETAWAY JUST 90 MINUTES DRIVE FROM CAPE TOWN
Welcome to the historic country town Tulbagh, just 90 minutes drive from Cape Town. This hidden gem offers something for the whole family. Whether it be for a sleep-over when attending a wedding, or for coming to explore our beautiful valley with all it's activities, a stay-over at one Bergsicht Country Cottages
will renew you and your loved ones.
You may be wondering why you're seeing MiWayLife information on Date Night Ideas? Here's why!
1. Pricey insurance premiums eating into your Date Night budget? MiWayLife
offers exceptional premiums with excellent coverage. Pay less, date more...
2. Home is where the heart is. MiWayLife offers comprehensive coverage solutions that allow you to focus on the living life to the fullest with your loved ones, knowing you're covered in case the unexpected happens.
3. You should be able to be bold & daring. MiWayLife
insurance packages are tailormade for adventurous couples who like to carpe that diem, but would like to feel safe while doing so.
4. Fear shouldn't hold you back as a couple. When you have a safety net in place, it's easier to live life to the fullest. MiWayLife insurance packages provide the peace of mind you need to thrive as a unit.
5. Savvy couples take care of the grownup stuff first. We're all about romance and adventure, which is why we want you to choose an insurance provider like MiWayLife to keep the home fires burning while you're off exploring that great big world out there!