IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO WHEN YOUR SPOUSE IS SICK
May 23, 2018
There is something about being sick that brings out the toddler in us all. Food, toys and inappropriate swear words will be thrown around! But having someone take care of you while you feel and act miserable is the best medicine in the world.
WE LOVE THIS VERSE
Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
TEN GET WELL MESSAGES
1) If hugs and kisses could cure, you’d have been immune to everything by now. Get well soon.
2) I know I can’t kiss you because you’ve got the flu, but that doesn’t stop me from expressing how much I love you. Get well soon baby.
3) Ask your doctor to prescribe medicines for two. Because when you feel sick, I do too. I love you.
4) I don’t know why the doctors took so long to find out that you had fever. You are smoking hot to me.
5) I am going to take a hiatus from smiling until we break out of this hiatus of kissing. Get well soon.
6) Sickness may make life seem, gloomy like a dark night sky. But never forget that you are the star that lights up my life’s skies.
7) I miss your hugs and I miss your smiles, without which life isn’t worthwhile. I miss being together and I miss looking in your eyes. knowing you are sick, often makes me cry. I miss your cuddles and I miss the real you, I hope you think about me and miss me too. Get well soon.
8) Even the doctor knows that medicines are useless until I brighten up the smile on your face with my kisses.
9) Don’t worry about being sick. Our selfie on your hospital bed will be yet another addition to our relationship’s awesome memory bank. Get well soon.
10) If your doctor doesn’t mind, I would like my hugs to be a core part of your treatment and daily dose of medication. Get well soon.
Here are 10 hints that are both cute (and important) to make your sick partner feel a hell of a lot better
1. TAKE THEM TO THE DOCTOR
An obvious hint but one we often forget. When you are sick the last thing you want to do is deal with people. Help your partner by making the appointment, taking them to and back from the doctor and pick up their medicine at your nearest Pharmacy
2. TAKE TIME OFF TOO
Take some time off and spend the day with your partner. Your sacrifice will show your partner that their needs always come first. If you can’t take of work show your partner that they are on your mind by sending messages and coming home with their favorite food.
3. PLAY NURSE
When you are sick everything feels like massive effort and it is a constant fight to keep your eyes open. The last thing on a sick person’s mind is their medicine. Make sure your partner takes the right medicine at the right time. Bring them food and fluids, check their temperature and make sure they are warm enough.
4. TAKE OVER THEIR HOUSEHOLD CHORES
Nothing makes your feel worse than a dirty house or an empty fridge. Stock up on groceries, clean the kitchen and take care of the kids. They do everything for you besides cook. No more wastage, no more boring meals, no more shopping for ingredients, only easy peasy delicious, nutritious dinners for you and your family.
5. DRAW THEM A BATH
Draw your partner a bath and add the works: music, candlelight and bubble bath. While they are relaxing clean the room, put new sheets on the bed and lay out their favorite pajamas.
6. RENT ALL THEIR FAVORITE MOVIES AND SERIES
Nothing makes me personally feel better than a good Disney Movie Marathon on Netflix.
7. TUCK THEM IN
Tuck your partner into bed; roll them up nice and tight. Add blankets, warm water bottles and make sure the TV remote, their favorite books, snacks and plenty of liquid is in arms reach. Rest is still one of the best cures.
8. INDULGE IN THEIR NEEDY BEHAVIOR
The phrases “What can I do?” and “What do you need?” can never be used to often when dealing with a sick companion. Check up on them every hour or so. Make midnight ice-cream runs or re-watch that horrible reality show, anything as long as they feel better. Experience your very own pleasure moment with Magnum
9. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
This might be the most important hint. Take care of yourself by drinking vitamins and immune boosters and getting plenty of rest. If you get sick the vicious cycle will continue in your household.
10. NEVER COMPLAIN
Okay this might be the most important hint! You partner feels and looks awful, they are going to be needy, rude and a bit ridiculous. Just grin and bear it. It will be over soon and if you ignore Hint 9 in about a week’s time it can be your turn.
BOOK A ROMANTIC GETAWAY AT FOREVER HOTEL @ CENTURION IN PRETORIA
With some much to do and so much to see in Pretoria, Forever Hotel @ Centurion is the perfect place to rest, recovery and reload. Be it for an evening getaway or for a romantic weekend break, this four-star Hotel boasts a variety of luxury rooms, family rooms and suites spread around a lush green garden court with a sparking swimming pool, not to mention the whimsical French-Italian style building inspiration. The Forever Hotel @ Centurion is also the ideal location for a wedding with its beautifully decorated open plan setting, and breath-taking chandeliers that set a romantic mood for every bride to be.
With four semi-self-catering apartments Forever Hotel @ Centurion
is a true “home away from home”, not to mention the luxurious Presidential Suite ideal for Anniversary breakaways! They also have variety of Standard Hotel rooms, Family Rooms, Single Rooms, Semi-Self Catering Rooms, Twin Rooms and an Executive Suite available.
This tranquil green oasis is the ideal destination amid the rush of city life. If style, luxury and service excellence top your agenda for leisure or business travel, Forever Hotel @ Centurion is an experience waiting to happen.