Love Better - Live Better
Dr Elmari Mulder Craig is Director and President of The Southern African Sexual Health Association (SASHA) and member of The African Society for Sexual Medicine: Scientific Advisory Committee. She is head of The EMS Institute for Advanced Therapy and Sexual Wellness in Pretoria and also heads Psycho-Sexual and Relationship Services at My Sexual Health a multidisciplinary Sexual Health Clinic in Pretoria, Johannesburg and Cape Town. She is also the owner of Between the Sheets Intimate and Sexual Boutique.
Elmari has been in private practice for more than twenty years and is a well-known clinical sexologist, psychotherapist, clinical hypnotherapist, couple’s therapist, public speaker and published author and is considered a specialist in the field of relationship and marital therapy and sexology. She is a European Federation of Sexology (EFS) and European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM): European Certified Psycho-Sexologist (ECPS) and she studied under the renowned Prof Renshaw at the Strict School of Medicine: Sexual Dysfunction Clinic in Chicago, USA. She received a PhD in Sexology (Magna Cum Laude) and a Master’s Degree (Cum Laude).
She is registered as an Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapist with The Wellness Institute in Washington, USA and is also registered as a TIR Facilitator with The Traumatic Incident Reduction Association in Michigan, (USA). Elmari is registered as an Emotionally Focussed Therapist level (E) with The International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) in the USA and SA. She regularly presents scientific papers at international conferences and is a sought-after speaker who travels nationally and internationally to address professionals in the field, women groups, churches, private functions and corporate organisations.
She is the author of two books and two DVD’s and contributed to 24 other books over the years. She write’s extensively for popular magazines and the daily press on matters relating to sexual health and relationship wellness. She is a regular contributor to the magazine INTIEM and has a column in the daily paper Beeld. She regularly appears on various radio and television shows as an expert in her field.
Dr Craig is associated and registered with various national and international organisations:
• Director and President of The Southern African Sexual Health Association (SASHA)
• Member of the The African Society for Sexual Medicine (ASSM): Scientific Advisory Board
• The International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM)
• The European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM)
• The World Association for Sexual Health (WAS)
• The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
• The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS)
• The Psychological Society of South Africa (PsySSA)
• The Pretoria Pelvic and Perineal Pain Forum (PPPPF)
• The Pfizer Sexology Forum
• The Wellness Institute, USA
• The Trauma Incident Reduction Association (TIRA)
• The International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
• The South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
• The South African Association for Social Workers in Private Practice (SAASWIPP)