THE BEST GAME TO MAKE ROAD TRIP MEMORIES WITH YOUR FAMILY THIS HOLIDAY
December 01, 2017
Family road trips are the stuff that happy childhood memories are made of. No matter which generation you’re from, chances are you look back fondly on epic road trips with your parents and siblings to your favourite holiday spots. Here is an awesome, tailor-made game that will allow you to make lasting memories with your family this festive season!
THE "INSERT YOUR SURNAME" 30 SECONDS
Every family shares those little in-jokes and memories of happy occasions that don't make sense to anyone else. Those are the things that create a lasting bond. This game gives you the opportunity to reminisce about all these unique quirks and enjoy a few belly-laughs in the process.
Here's how - you're going to create your own personalised game based on the 30 Seconds-template! It's super easy. In the week leading up to your road trip each family member should write down 10 - 20 words or phrases that have special relevance to your family. Write each word/phrase on its own piece of paper, fold it up and keep it in a container of your choosing.
• Places you travelled to together (e.g. France, Cape Town, that small town in Mpumalanga you can never remember the name of, etc.)
• Funny things that have happened to you (e.g. the time the kids dyed the cat blue, when mom fell in the tub with her clothes on, etc.)
• Songs/artists that have particular relevance to your family (e.g. the song you danced to at your wedding, that artist that irritates your kids to no end, the first live act/band you saw together)
These are just examples. Be creative and choose words/phrases that remind you of the good times your family has enjoyed. Once you're on the road, it's time to play the game!
As with traditional 30 Seconds, the rules are as follows:
• One player must guess a word/phrase from their teammate's explanation, much like Charades.
• The main restriction on the explanation is that it may not contain the actual word or part of the word.
E.g. If you have to explain 'Cape Town', you can't mention any of the name of the city, but you can say 'the city with the mountain that looks like a table' (for example).
This is just one of the fun ways to make memories with your family during a road trip. Life happens - make sure you enjoy ever drive you take by getting behind the wheel of your dream automobile. Citton Cars can help you to find a new or pre-owned vehicle in your price range, and assist in marketing your old car to an engaged community of car seekers. See their website to find out more. You can also fill in their quick & easy online survey to stand a chance to win R1000 in cash.