YOUR MUST-HAVE SUMMERTIME DATING BUCKET LIST
December 19, 2017
Let’s be honest – dating in winter is fun. You get to cuddle, sleep in and hit the snooze button when the weather is miserable out on weekend mornings, huddling under the covers. But dating in summer is another thing all together! The days are longer, skirts are shorter and there is a buzz of energy in the air that propels romance like nobody’s business.
Here is our must-have summertime dating bucket list. These are the things we love the best about dating in summer, and no matter how long you’ve been going out (or have been married for!), you should always make the time to relive these 10 classic summertime dates:
1. Go skinny-dipping. Pretty straightforward. Find a body of water, take off all your clothes (no cheating!) and go swimming. Nothing beats it.
2. Make out on a merry-go-round. Go to the local county fair, get an ice cream and snog like teenagers. Alternatively, do so in a cable car if you’re feeling fancy.
3. Go on a stargazing date. Find a good vantage point, lay down a blanket and tell each other your most soppy secrets.
4. Take an outdoor bubble bath. Find an accommodation venue that has outdoor tubs, and spend a day or night soaking under the open sky.
5. Take a spontaneous road trip. Throw a few things in a bag, start up the car and leave without a destination in mind. You can’t imagine the freedom.
6. Take the fun outdoors. Get it on al fresco style. Jip, you read that right. We are recommending that you take sexy time outside. Half the fun is that you might get caught!
7. Watch the sunset on the hood of your car. This is another teenage-movie classic that is actually as fun and romantic as it looks on screen.
8. Dance in a field until the sun comes up. Go to an outdoor music festival and lose your marbles on the dance floor.
9. Do something that scares you. Go ziplining, climb a mountain or learn to surf.
10. Sleep outdoors. Ideally next to a campfire. Waking up next to the person you love as the sun rises is an incredible experience.
See, what did we tell you? Didn’t just reading that put you in a laid-back, summer holiday kind of mood? No imagine if you actually ticked off that entire list? Go on – we double-dare you…