IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO - 22 FUN-FILLED ACTIVITIES
September 01, 2017
It is summer which means love is in the air. The flowers are in bloom and the animals are pairing off two by two. We here at Date Night Ideas are also celebrating our second birthday. So we decided to create a list with 22 awesome ideas for you as a couple. All activities are only meant for the two of you. Spending time alone as a couple is very important for your relationship, especially if you have been dating for a while. We get complacent and lazy.
HERE ARE 22 FUN AND EASY ACTIVITIES TO TRY
1. Have a Picnic in the park or in your backyard. If you don’t know what to do give Dial-a-Picnic
a call. They will organise the whole picnic date for you. Just show up and enjoy.
2. Share a Milkshake. One shake, one straw.
3. Do a couples photo shoot or get your portrait done. The level of silliness is up to you.
4. Walk hand-in-hand through your local markets.
5. Create something together, either from scratch or finally but that desk together you bought at Macro two years ago.
6. Go ice skating or rollerblading. Hold hands and kiss as much as possible.
7. Watch the sunrise, the sunset and the stars all in one day.
8. Have a classy date at a fancy restaurant. Black-tie included. Belgrace Boutique Hotel in Mpumalanga, Budmarsh in Magaliesburg and Château la Mer are some of our favourites.
9. Go to the park and play on the swings and seesaw.
10. Read your favourite books out loud to each other on a blanket underneath a big shady tree.
11. Enjoy a day in our beautiful Botanical Gardens or Flower Fields.
13. Reread your vows or love letters. If you don’t have any letters yet write some and read it out loud to each other.
14. Buy matching outfits, the sillier the better.
15. Kiss. Everywhere.
16. Get your sweat on together with a (friendly) game of squash or tennis. Also, try Couples Yoga or S.W.E.A.T 1000.
17. Have an Arcade Night at The Fun Company
, only playing the two-player games. Be sure to share a platter for two afterwards.
18. Enjoy the awesome summer air by going camping.
19. Enjoy a Spa Day for two.
20. Because it is summer have a braai and pool day. Nothing but sun and quality couple time, reconnecting with your partner over a glass of wine.
21. Go tandem biking, bungee jumping or skydiving. Skydive Tandem (Emalahleni Mpumalanga) offers awesome tandem skydiving. Horseback riding is also an adventure and romantic date. Check out Kaapsehoop Horse Trails
. They offer breathtaking views and peaceful trails in the Drakensberg.
22. It really takes two to tango. Sign up for dance lessons and impress everyone at your next wedding. Dance with Me Studios or Dancemore (both located in Gauteng) offers great classes.